Under Art. 173 of the Act of 16 July 2004, the Telecommunications Law (Journal of Laws of 2004, No. 171, item 1800, as amended), respecting the privacy of Users of Website, Metropolitan Investment S.A. hereby introduces the Privacy Protection Policy and undertakes to comply with its provisions.
This Policy applies to cookies and refers to the website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) operated by Metropolitan Investment Spółka Akcyjna with its registered office at ul. Emilii Plater 53, 00‐113 Warszawa, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (KRS) under KRS No.: 0000616710, by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, IN VAT (NIP): 7010564311, National Business Registry Number (REGON): 364429706.
We assure the Users that, in using the cookies technology, we make the utmost efforts to protect their privacy on our Website. To this end, we undertake to comply with applicable laws, standards and best practices in the online environment.
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The Website does not automatically collect any information, except for the information contained in the cookie files.
- The Website collects both permanent and session files. Permanent files are stored on the User’s computer for a long time, while session files are deleted automatically, once the browser window closes.
- Our Website uses the following cookies:
- “Performance” cookies to collect the information on the use of the Website;
- “Functional” cookies to “remember” the User settings and to provide personalised user interface, including, for example, selected language or region, where the user comes from, font size or website appearance;
- “Advertising” cookies to provide the users with advertising content more tailored to their interests.
- “Necessary” cookies to enable the use of services available on the Website, for example, authentication cookies for any services that require on‐site authentication;
- Cookies used to ensure security, e.g. used to detect abuse in the website authentication;
II. SCOPE OF DATA
- By means of cookie technology, Metropolitan Investment collects only anonymised statistical data about the Website Users and, for the Users, who have registered on the Website, by providing some of their personal data, Metropolitan Investment processes the data. An example of this situation is making online purchases, contacting the consumer service department, creating an account or sending information related to contests and offers.
- The above‐mentioned data include:
- URL of the website the user visited before hitting our websites,
- address of the website the User goes to after visiting our websites,
- User’s IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser with add‐ons, device identifier and its functions as well as name of the ISP or mobile service provider,
- contact details, including name, e‐mail address, telephone number, delivery address and billing address,
- login, password and unique identifier,
- purchase history,
- personal preferences, including a so‐called wishlist, as well as marketing and cookie preferences,
- Metropolitan Investment collects personal data in the “cookie” files.
III. PURPOSE OF USING COOKIES
- Metropolitan Investment shall be entitled to use the data collected and stored on the Website for the following purposes:
- optimisation of its internet pages to guarantee the highest standard of service and best convenience, including, in particular, customisation of the website content to the
User’s preferences and optimisation of the website usage. The collected files allow the Website to detect the device of the Website User and properly display the site, adapted to the individual User requirements;
- creating anonymised, aggregated statistics, which help us to understand how the User uses the Website and, as a result, to improve its structure and content, excluding personal identification of the User;
- analysing the Website usage to improve its structure and content on a current basis, so that it meets as close as possible the needs of our current and prospective customers;
- measuring the effectiveness of marketing activities;
- matching the content and forms of advertisements addressed to individual Users;
- remembering whether a specific User has given a specific consent (e.g. to show selected content) or he or she has refused to give his or her consent;
- remembering logging in;
- remembering the contents of the cart;
- remembering display preferences;
- creating statistics and viewing reports.
- Metropolitan Investment is entitled to store the data collected and tracked in the Website only for the implementation of the aforementioned business objectives, until the User withdraws his or her consent, but only in the period of execution of the processing purpose.
- All data collected by Metropolitan Investment using the cookies technology are protected using reasonable technical and organisational measures and applying appropriate security procedures to secure them against unauthorised access and unauthorised use.
- Entities affiliated with Metropolitan Investment, including, in particular, the service providers working with us, shall manage data in accordance with the applicable security and privacy protection requirements.
- The Website may contain references to other websites that use their own privacy policies. We recommend that you read the provisions of these policies, because Metropolitan Investment is not liable for the privacy protection practices of these websites.
- Cookies do not cause any configuration changes to the device or to the software installed on the User’s device.
V. METHODS OF CONTROL ON THE USER’S SIDE
- The User may control cookies through search engine settings or through other tools.
- The condition for the operation of cookies is that the User accepts them (expresses his or her consent) in his or her browser (subject to section 6) and does not delete these files.
- The User may at any time withdraw his or her consent for using the cookies by Metropolitan Investment, by choosing the appropriate setting in the web browser he or she is using.
- The user, who wants to delete existing cookies, should choose the appropriate settings in the web browser he or she is using or delete cookies manually. The process of deleting cookies is different depending on the web browser the User is using.
- If the User is using the web browsing software, which by default allows cookies to be stored on the Website User’s end device, he or she may also change the cookie settings at any time. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the settings of the web browser or to inform the Website User every time cookies are downloaded onto his or her device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of handling cookies can be found in the settings of your web browser.
- Restricting the use of “cookies” may affect some website functionalities.
- If the User visits the Metropolitan Investment website using our services on a mobile device, the device sends user location data. Most devices allow the User to prevent sending location data and
Metropolitan Investment undertakes to comply with the User’s settings.
VI. AMENDMENTS TO THE POLICY
1. The development of websites, the use of the latest technologies and changes in legal regulations may lead to the necessity to make amendments to the policy in terms of protecting privacy by
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data contained in cookie files is the legitimate interest of the data controller. Personal data are provided voluntarily. The data controller shall process personal data for the purposes mentioned above.
- The User has the right to access the content of his or her personal data, to correct or amend his or her personal data, and, under separate regulations and to the extent provided for in these regulations, the User has the right to erase his or her personal data (the right to be forgotten), to restrict the processing of his or her personal data, to object the processing of his or her personal data and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Personal data shall be deleted at the end of the business activity.
- The entity, which stores cookies on the Website User’s end device and has access to them, is the operator of the www.metropolitaninvestment.pl website with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Emilii Plater 53, 00‐113 Warszawa.
- Controller of your personal data is the operator.
VIII. CONTACT DETAILS
1. All Users, who have any questions, comments or reservations regarding the Website privacy protection policy applied by Metropolitan Investment, including any requests for explanations regarding any doubts related to the content of this note, are encouraged to contact us at the e‐mail address: email@example.com